Solar Panel Santa Monica
Are you considering installing a solar system in Santa Monica? Now is a great time to make the switch, as installation costs are low and generous tax credits are still available. Solar Unlimited has installed tens of thousands of solar systems in Southern California and has watched our customers enjoy significant savings over the years. Could you be next? Contact us today to schedule your free estimate.
Why Solar Electricity in Santa Monica Makes Sense
Santa Monica is known for its beautiful beachfront, breathtaking views of the Santa Monica Bay and close proximity to Los Angeles. With its highly rated schools, vibrant nightlife and family-friendly neighborhoods, it’s no surprise why Santa Monica is rated one of the best suburbs to live in California.
If you’ve chosen to call this suburb home, you may rent or own your property. Either way, the California solar mandate makes Santa Monica solar electricity more appealing than ever before. Average solar systems in Southern California cost around $18,000-$22,000, though this depends on various factors. When subtracting the available incentives and rebates and taking advantage of our flexible financing options, you can start saving soon after your solar panels are installed.
Santa Monica Residents Pay Significantly More for Electric
The average residential electricity rate in Santa Monica is 19.3¢ per kWh, which is 44% higher than the national average. This means that as a Santa Monica resident, a good portion of your utilities budget goes to electric. With low costs for solar installation in Santa Monica and ever-increasing electricity costs, now is a great time to make the switch.
As a matter of fact, the city of Santa Monica provides unbiased technical advice to help residents like you navigate the changing rules of solar power and the available incentives. This is a free service for property owners who are interested in solar panels in Santa Monica.
Additionally, the California solar mandate is a new building code that requires all new construction homes to have a solar system installed as an electricity source. Because it’s easier and more cost-effective to install solar panels during construction, the state of California is mandating that all new single family homes and multi-family homes up to three stories have a solar system.
In time, homebuyers will be looking for this added feature. Start reaping the benefits of Santa Monica solar panels while ensuring your home is just as desirable as a newly built one.
Is Now a Good Time for a Solar Panel System in Santa Monica?
Solar energy continues to get better and better. Because it relies on technology, and this technology is getting more accessible and efficient, the price of solar is going down. On the other hand, conventional electric relies on fossil fuels, which are becoming scarcer and more expensive. This is why electric prices continue to rise, while solar prices continue to fall.
Nevertheless, it’s important to know exactly what you are getting by making the switch to residential or commercial solar Santa Monica. Here are some benefits we want customers to be aware of:
- California solar mandate is in effect. As we mentioned above, all new construction homes and multi-family properties up to three floors must have a solar system installed. This shows just how important solar is in California. Don’t let your home get left behind.
- Quick payback periods. On average, Santa Monica sees over 280 sunny days a year. This makes our location a prime spot for solar panels. You can generate your own clean energy to use year-round. Average payback periods are between 6-7 years.
- Federal and local incentives. Currently, there is a 26% Federal Investment Tax Credit that you can qualify for, as well as other local tax credits and rebates. These incentives can go away at any time.
- Short- and long-term savings. Because you can start producing your own energy right away, you can enjoy both short- and long-term savings. On average, Santa Monica residents save between $100-$150 off their monthly electric bill.
Why Choose Solar Unlimited for Your Santa Monica Solar System
Determining the best solar system for your needs depends on a variety of factors, including the size of your property, which way your property is facing, how much electric your household uses and your budget. Solar Unlimited has flexible financing options, including fixed rate loans and zero down financing. One of our solar experts will be happy to walk you through your options and explain which ones fit your needs and budget.
As a customer of ours, you can expect the following benefits:
- Established in 1980 – 40+ years of experience
- Free, no obligation in-home estimates
- Affordable financing options
- Long-term warranties of 25-30 years
- Inexpensive maintenance programs
- Highly qualified techs
- Referral program
Are you tired of paying outrageous electric bills? For once, you have a practical and reliable alternative: solar electricity in Santa Monica. As long as the sun is here, you can generate your own clean, affordable electric. Contact Solar Unlimited to schedule your free estimate.